Diploma in Building Design
Duration : Up to 24 months Full time or Part time equivalent
Couse type : Training package qualification
Faculties : Diploma of Building Design
COURSE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
- No course admission requirements, however, students wishing to access workready funding or VET Fee Help will be required to demonstrate satisfication reading, writing and numeracy skills as part of course couselling before enrolling
COURSE NOTES & SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- If there are more applicants than available places, TAFE SA will make offers based on date of application
- For further information on studying this course externally contact (08) 8207 4981 or [email protected]
HOW TO APPLY AWARD COURSES
- Applications are made online through SATAC TAFEWeb. Applications are free
- Applicants can make one application for up to three course preferences
- Numerous career paths exist for building designers, including working for building design or architectural firms, consultancies, goverment departments, residental and commercial developers or self employment.
Note: Completion of a TAFE SA course does not guarantee an employment outcome. Formal requirements other than educational qualifications ( eg licensing, professional registration ) may apply to some occupations
- This qualification applies to building designers who undertake building design projects covered by the Building Code of Australia (BCA), except Construction Type A buildings. Building designers may specialise in residential projects including new buildings, heritage restorations and additions or renovations; or they may also undertake commercial and industrial projects such as factories, motels, offices, restaurants, retail or service outlets and warehouse. 7 core units plus 10 electives.