SKM 3 In Architectural Draughting
MALAYSIAN SKILL CERTIFICATE
The Malaysia Skills Certificate (Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia – SKM) is a certification awarded by the Department of Skills Development (DSD) under the Malaysian Ministry of Human Resource. Recognised by industries in Malaysia, the Malaysian Skills Certification produces quality skill workers and provides a career development path to meet today’s demand and need for vocationally trained skilled workers both in Malaysia and globally.
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 1 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 2 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Certificate Level 3 (SKM)
- Malaysian Skills Diploma Level 4 (DKM)
- Malaysian Skills Advanced Diploma Level 5 (DLKM)
Accredited centres are centres providing skills courses that are approved by the Department of Skills Development to carry out skills training and offer the Malaysian Skills Certificate for certain industries and levels based on the National Occupational Skills Standards (NOSS)
Malaysian Skill Certificate in Architectural Draughting -
What is an Architectural Draughter?
Architectural Draughters are like architect assistants. The job of an Architectural Draughter is to prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by an architect. Draughting can be an exciting and varied career. In the past, draughting was drawn by hand, but today, computers make life much easier for everyone. Architectural Draughters need a strong knowledge of building construction so that they are able to understand plans.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to Architecture and related areas such as Draughting, AutoCAD, Revit Architecture, Building Technology, for students who are interested in pursuing a career in the areas of Architecture, Planning and CAD in the Engineering/Building Industry.
- Able to read, write and calculate in Malay or English
- Full interest in architectural industry
- Physically and mentally fit and not colour blind
18 Months + 6 Months Internship
- Architectural Draughting Schematic Drawing
- Architectural Draughting Submission Drawing
- Architectural Draughting Tender & Construction Drawing
- Architectural Draughting As Built Drawing
- Architectural Draughting Measured Drawing
- Supervisory & Administrative Function
- Architectural Graphic Communication
- Architectural Model Making
- English Literacy
- Industrial Training
70 % Practical
Graduates of this programme have the opportunity to serve the public or private sector. Graduates may work as an Architect’s Technical Assistant, Drafter, 3D Modeller, Product Designer or the equivalent in government department.
- Study Malaysian Skill Certificate Level 3 in Architectural Draughting at MTTC for 18 months
- Industrial training placement for 6 months
- Continuing Education in Malaysian Skills Diploma Level 4 (DKM) at MTTC or Apply to enter TAFE South Australia programme via MTTC
Apply the Diploma programme below in TAFE South Australia.
Contact Our Education Counselor