Rhino Professional Series
Rhino is a CAD software that can create complex and free-form models and design with no limit on complexity, degree and size. It can create precise dimension and spacing, compared to 3ds Max. In this comprehensive 2-days class you’ll learn to create and edit accurate free-form 3-D NURBS models. This fast-moving class covers most of Rhino’s functionality, including the most advanced surfacing commands. In this class, you will systematically move through the user interface, command access, creation and editing curves, surfaces and solids.
Full Time: 2 Days ( 9am - 5pm )
By the end of the course, participants should be able to:
- Utilize the features of the Rhino user interface
- Customize your modeling environment
- Create basic graphic objects—lines, circles, arcs, curves, solids, and surfaces
- Model with precision using coordinate input, object snaps
- Modify curves and surfaces with edit commands and Gumball
- Use control point editing to modify curves and surfaces
- Analyze your model
- Display any portion of the model
- Export and import models to and from different file formats
- Render the model using Rhino Render
- Dimension and annotate model with test and hatch
- 3D Visualizer, 3D Artist, Interior Designer, 3D Graphic Artist, 3D Designer, Architectural Visual Producer
Windows skills and a desire to model are desired. Previous drafting and modeling experience helpful but not required.
The FoundationAfter a brief introduction, the following concepts will be covered:
- Get acquainted with the Rhino screen and menus
- Navigate around the Rhino model
- Create 2-D lines, polylines, and NURBS curves
- Modeling setup and mode functions: ortho, grip, snap, and planar
- Fast 3-D solids and surfaces
- The Rhino layering system
- Delete objects
- Discover display commands used to view different parts of the model.
- Pan, zoom and reset model views
Precision ModelingUse coordinates and constraints to model easily and accurately. Move off the x-y plane and use viewports to establish the current construction plane. Draw polygons and ellipses. Draw free- form curves and compare interpolated and control points curve.
- Draw with absolute, relative rectangular, and polar coordinates
- Distance and angle constraints
- Using object snaps
- Analysis commands: length, distance, angle, radius
- Smart tracking and constraints
- Viewports, construction planes, and modeling in 3-D space
- Drawing circles, arcs, rectangles, ellipses and polygons
- Model free-form curves
- Edit curves with fillet and chamfer
- Loft and extrude curves
- General editing: move, copy, rotate, mirror, scale
- Use the Gumball to move, copy, rotate, scale
- Array polar and rectangular
- Boolean union, difference, and intersection
- Offset curves and surfaces
- Trim and split for curves and surfaces
- Extend and extend to surface
- Practice modeling and editing
Intermediate Edit and Surfacing Commands
- Introduction to NURBS modeling concepts and terminology
- Free-form curves
- Control point editing of curves and surfaces
- Rebuild curves and surfaces
- Curve creation through projection
- Split surfaces with curves and surfaces
- Blend between two surfaces
- Create solid primitives and solid text
Solids and SurfacingLearn how to model with solids and solid text. Use Booleans to shape your model. Extrude, loft, and revolve curves into surfaces. Use sweeps to create surfaces. Use advanced surfacing techniques like blend, match, and surface from network of curves.
- Model with pipe and extrude
- Modifying solids with Booleans
- Extrude and loft surfaces
- Generate curves from objects—contour, duplicate edge, project, section
- Revolve curves into surfaces
- Sweep 1 and 2 rail curves
- Surface with network of curves
- Creating a parametric wall
- Adding Doors and Windows to wall
- Changing Elevations with stairs
- Setting boundaries with railings
- Adding foliage to a scene
Note: The suggested course duration is a guideline. Course topics and duration may be modified by the instructor based upon the knowledge and skill level of the course participants.
MTTC Certificate of Completion will be issued to participants with full attendance record upon completion of training.
This course is for the design professional who wants to efficiently learn the concepts and features of the Rhinoceros modeling software at an accelerated pace in an instructor-lead environment.
Matrix Trinity Technology & Creativity (MTTC) Institute, Malaysia
Autodesk®, ATC, and AutoCAD® are registered trademarks or trademarks of Autodesk®, Inc., and/or its subsidiaries and/or affiliates in the USA and/or other countries. All other brand names, product names, or trademarks belong to their respective holders. Autodesk® reserves the right to alter product and services offerings, and specifications and pricing at any time without notice, and is not responsible for typographical or graphical errors that may appear in this document.